Sonntag, 28. August 2011

Drawing challenge #29: WINDOW



One hundred years ago 
the frensh painter Robert Delaunay draw the Eiffel Tower of Paris in his window pictures. When I look out of my window I can see the Hamburg TV Tower... so today I've painted that tower in his simultanious contrast manner. 
 
 First I've thought about the sentence 'the eyes are the window to the soul' and draw my eyes looking in a mirror in kind of Jasmin manner. I've been in the remembering of Salvador Dali and his wife and muse Gala. But then I remind me that it means 'the eyes are the gateway to the soul'.


In my twenties...


I was very much nostalgic, fallen in love with the Golden Twenties. So I've done my make-up and my hairstyle in that way, reading lots of books about the artists of the time.




Do you know how I feel when I've been to the cinema looking
Woody Allen's 'Midnight In Paris'?

Something like home... familiarly.

For more windows of this week's drawing challenge please look through the windows of your eyes through the window of your display to the window of dear host of the week: Jasmin.




No. 26 Theatre
No. 27 Metamorphosis
No. 28 Monkey

this week: No. 29 'WINDOW'  Jasmin 27.+28.08.2011

next week: No. 30 'Stained Glass' Nadine 03. + 04.09.2011


Who is next??




11 Kommentare:

  1. my! what a journey, ariane! such a curious trip... i like that twenties style very much on you!
    you have a daily view on a huge tower? i would not be able to take my eyes off of that view. i am always in awe for tall, slender buildings...

    what i'm also thinking, your drawing is almost..., er,... 'stained glass'???
    oi, oi!!!
    ;)))
    n♥

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Dear Nadine,
    in winter time I have that daily view, but now there are too much leaves of the trees cloud the sight. In the evening I see the lights... a little bit like a Pharos.

    And, yes, a little bit of 'stained glass'... I adjust to them. And I'm looking forward!

    xo Ariane.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Eyes/windows. I had the same thought. Kind of the retina as the glass separating the mind from what's outside to see. Or through which sense do we experience the all the outside impulses? And then I got all confused and decided to think more of this as I go to sleep...
    Love.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. So you draw the curtains,
    dear Elisabeth,
    when you shut your eyes...
    Love.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. funny,
    i commented something very similar at elisabeths, about eyes and windows...
    windows show the soul of the house.
    is that so?
    perhaps.
    i love to peek inside through the windows.

    love to you.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. danke für die schönen blicke!! fensterseelen! für etwas schwärmen, lauter kleine motoren die einen voran bringen! ich mag deine augen, deinen blick so sehr gerne! ♥♥♥ deine julia

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I am loving popping in through everybody's windows tonight!
    I have said before that I feel like our blogs are like little windows that we leave open for visitors.
    I am now wondering what you will offer us for next week....X

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. .Greetings from Finland. This, through a blog is a great get to know other countries and their people, nature and culture. Come take a look Teuvo images and blog to tell all your friends that your country flag will stand up to my collection of flag higher. Sincerely, Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. liebste ariane,
    wunderbare einblicke und ausblicke! und dein twenties-style in deinen twenties. superschön! hab mich dahingehend auch schon oft neu erfunden. und den neuen woody allen. werde ich mir ansehen!

    herzlichst
    bambi von zimmer mit aussicht

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. lovely post
    and
    you look good
    in your '20 style!

    P.S. no working weblog yet....

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Dear Sara,
    in many languages there are 'eye' in the meaning of 'window': the gothic word 'windauga' (wind eye) means in danish 'vindue' and in english 'window', interesting, isn't it?

    Liebste Julia,
    danke, für Deine Augenblicke...

    Dear Jasmin,
    come and take pot luck!

    Hello Teuvo,
    welcome.

    Liebstes Bambi von Zimmer mit Aussicht,
    oft neu erfunden? Du machst mich neugierig...
    und vergess' bitte nicht 'Bright Star'.

    Dear Patrice,
    thank you, and I've seen it already that I couldn't see your blog now. I'll keep trying!

    Love,
    Ariane.

    AntwortenLöschen

Resonance

    Ihr Lieben,  i m Gegensatz zum Tagebuch, das nicht von Anderen gelesen werden soll, ist so ein Weblog etwas, das gerne geteilt wird. So ...