Samstag, 30. Juli 2011

Drawing challenge #26: THEATRE



The curtain rises:
A bic-blue scarabaeus hangs on a bic-blue wall. 
My drawing is a homage to Jan Fabre, to his work.



He works as a painter, dramatist, choreograph and a director. 
Famous are his drawings shaded with the blue pen ball bic... he bic-ted a whole castle, the Château Tivoli in Mechelen.


It was in Antwerp...
the European Capitel of Culture in the year 1993. 
My (posterior) husband and I've gone to see plays of Jan Lauwers/needcompany and
Jan Fabre/Troubleyn, both directors with them he worked as an actor in the four years before.

'Silent Screams, Difficult Dreams', Jan Fabre/Troubleyn:


I sit down on a claret plush chair in the shining like gold auditorium of the
Vlaamse Opera. The light has dimmed. Whispering become silent. Stillness. Then: a whiff. from behind. I hold my breath... its an eagle! started from the gods and landing on a man, prone on stage with a blood-red trousers, topless. The eagle begins to pick some meet and devours it.

1

It is a synthesis of arts with dancers, musicians, actors... the stage scenery are bic blue painted silk-covered walls, a huge bead curtain, which made a wonderful sound when the dancing girls go through the single string of pearls....

2

... at least white dishes fall from a great height on the stage and smash to pieces. 


I'm deeply ashamed but I can't remember the story-line... that's just who I am...
but the impact of his sensual pictures still works!


3

Only at this weekend the doors of the Royal Palace of Belgium in Brussels are open. You are able to see 'Heaven of Delight', the scarabaeus-covered chandelier and ceiling of Jan Fabre...

1 Zwergadler by Johann Friedrich Naumann (1780-1857)
2 New Year's greeting 1992/93 Troubleyn, Foto by J. P. Stoop
3 Hall of mirrors of the Royal Palace of Belgium in Brussels, Foto René Stoeltie for German Architectural Digest July/August 2011

This week's drawing challenge is hosted by rodeo-rider-mom Stephanie at the artfarm with THEATRE. Look at her wonderful stage for other plays also.



It is really fun to simulate sometimes... it is open your mind. 
I wish you an exciting weekend!



No. 26 THEATRE Stephanie 30.07. + 31.07.2011


No. 27 'Metamorphosis' Ariane 13. + 14. 08.2011


No. 28 '?'  Elisabeth 20.+21.08.2011
No. 29 '?'  Nadine 27.+28.08.2011


Who is next? ?







11 Kommentare:

  1. Toller Käfer und tolle Story über das Theaterstück, was für ein unvergesslicher Moment!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. hello dear ARiane,
    Wow, i never knew blue bics could achieve such greatness! i've always had a bit of an aversion to any bic pens! but you have converted me!
    I liked to see your face too...or was that Morticia? You are a good actress!:)
    Lovely glimpses of the THeatrical world, thank you.
    xo
    Dream? stretch canvas, correct?

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. wow, your images are absolutely beautiful, I'm so glad I found your blog via Lilli (Mothwise)
    :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. blinking hell, and i didn't know of the château in mechelen, being done in bic by fabre? well, i know other concoctions by him, he is a tad curious, to say the least... and cheers for the tip on the royal palace being open, i shall not make it, i'm afraid. ;)
    wow. you are a fabre fan?
    by the way? i do love your bicced scarabee! you've passed your time wisely and well. i love these kind of intricate effects...
    n♥
    cheeky photo indeed... morticia, ha ha ha...

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I've never been too fond of bic pens in drawing - to me they are probably the hardest way to create anything that looks beautiful. So you are extremely talented, my dear! But to cover a whole castle with it? Seriously! It's so weird and totally amazing at the same time! Thank you for letting me know about this!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. OOOO, love your scarabee! your words really took me to the Vlaamse Opera in 1993 and Jan Fabre is so very, very talented, showing us beauty in the unexpected.
    Your 'black queen' act suits you ;)x

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I can't believe you did that beetle in bic!! You're incredible! It looks fabulous. Such a crappy pen to produce something so lovely. I'll treat my bics with more respect from now on.

    Is that you as Morticia!?

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Liebe Barbara,
    danke! Ja, es ist schon lange her und ich kann mich - oder mein Körper! - noch so gut daran erinnern.

    Milady, darling,
    I have to buy these bic pens for execution my idea for the drawing, because I have had an aversion to them too...

    And correct, please, 'Dream': stretch canvas, 24/30cm!

    Hello, dear Cate,
    you're welcome!

    Dear Nadine,
    he is a tad curios, yes, indeed! And... don't be afraid... the scarabaeus are dead already! If I were in Brussels I wanna take you by hand...

    Dear Ansku,
    thanks, and the castle looks fantastic! And later I'll come to yours.

    Dear Renilde,
    thank you, I feel honoured.
    Did we see us in 1993 at the Vlaamse Opera??

    Dear Carmel,
    that crappy pen I've learned to love during drawing... and: it's 'industrial design has been acknowledged by the Museum of Modern Art in New York City as part of the museum's permanent collection'...

    Its me as Morticia... two years ago. At my job we have motto parties at christmas time... 'Oscar Night'... we came as 'Superman', 'Pretty Woman', 'Hermine Granger' ... and playes little scenes, it was fun!

    Best,
    xo Ariane.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. that scarabee!!!!

    you made a great post
    words, story and pictures
    they made me remember
    theater pieces I have been
    thanks for that!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Its an amazing Bic beetle! what an inspiration...:-) Beautiful pictures!

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Dear Patrice,
    I have to thank YOU!
    blushing... beeing glad.

    And thank you very much too, dear Hagar!
    Jan Fabre is an inspiration...

    Best,
    Ariane.

    AntwortenLöschen

Resonance

    Ihr Lieben,  i m Gegensatz zum Tagebuch, das nicht von Anderen gelesen werden soll, ist so ein Weblog etwas, das gerne geteilt wird. So ...